Monday, January 21, 2013

Writers

I've noticed something about being a writer: we're a cruel bunch.  There's something about having complete and utter control over someone's life that kinda makes us go crazy.  Which is odd, because many of the authors I know in real life are some of the kindest people I've met.
I suppose I can find two explanations.  One is that authors realize that in order to grow, people have to experience pain, and that's why their characters have to deal with so many issues.  So that people can experience pain through the characters instead of in their own lives.  I know I've learned lessons through books before.
The other explanation is that kind authors are really just repressing their angry emotions, and unleash them on their characters when they write. >:)  Probably a combination of both. 
If you're wondering why I'm writing this, last night's Once Upon a Time episode left another Rumbelle wrench. 

Fare thee well, friend!
Mira

No comments:

Post a Comment