Friday, January 18, 2013

A Pink Rose

So, I wasn't able to do the movie night, things came up, but we'll be there soon!  In any case, that's not what I wanted to talk about.
I observed today a most wonderful act of friendship (and possible romance ;)).  I was in the basement of one of my college buildings, waiting for class to start, and suddenly I heard harp music.  I was thoroughly confused, but decided it was probably a recording that a teacher had put on for their class. 
Nope, a few minutes later a woman who works in the museum they host in this particular building came down and let people know that there was a harpist performing in the gallery for half an hour, if we were interested.  I had an hour before my next class, so I was happy to go up and listen. 
It was amazing!  There's something about music that just leaves me feeling so completely relaxed.  I could feel all the stress from school just melting away. 
Well, a few minutes after I came up, a young man sat down a little ways away from me.  I noticed as he was walking over that he had a pink rose.  At first I was wondering if he was meeting someone afterwards, but I quickly put it out of my mind and just listened to the music.
Sadly, the music had to end eventually.  As the harpist was putting her instrument away, the young man stood up and made as if to leave.  I thought he might have a class he was heading for, but to my surprise, he didn't go to the exit.  He picked up his pink rose and took it to the harpist.
NAW!
It looked like they were, if not a couple, at least very good friends, and he had come to support her.  Her face was just shining with happiness!  Seriously, I just thought it was so sweet.  I think that young woman is so lucky to have someone so thoughtful in her life.

Fare thee well, friend!
Mira

No comments:

Post a Comment