Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Dry Hands

For those of you living in humid climates... I am jealous.  Extremely jealous.  Don't get me wrong, I love where I live.  It's just that I run into a somewhat distressing problem during the winter where I live.  You see, when winter rolls in, things get even more dry than usual.  It sucks moisture out of everything, including my hands.
I have really dry hands, especially in the winter.  They get so bad that when I was little and refused to wear lotion because it made everything smelly and I couldn't turn door handles, my hands would split and bleed.  Now I'm sure to put lotion on every night before bed during the winter (because no matter what anyone says, it still makes door handles impossible to open.  And before you tell me that I can just put it on the back of my hands, I will tell you that my hands crack most on my knuckles, and I can't get those with just the backs of my hands.) 
Unfortunately, I think this winter is going to be a bit harsher on my hands than usual.  Mostly because I have been putting lotion on, every night, like I always have, and they're still cracking.  It's painful!  Not a pleasant thing.  Sadly, not sure what else to do about it.  Oh well.
I'm a really negative person, aren't I?

Fare thee well, friend!
Mira

No comments:

Post a Comment