Friday, January 25, 2013

A New Friend

So, today was interesting... Kay invited me to be in a writers' group with her, and I we were gonna meet at the city library.  Problem was, I didn't know where the library was.  Before you get on my case, this isn't the city I grew up in, this is the city right next to it, and I had absolutely no idea where the library was. 
That was okay, though, because Mom had grown up in this city, and she knew where it was.  So she and a family friend helped me figure out which bus to take to get to the library, since my car is currently uninsured.
But then I got off at the wrong stop.  Downtown.  Little scary there...  Luckily, I was next to the high school, and a couple students gave me directions.  They said I should just keep going straight. 
Except, I was, and then I didn't see a library, and I was starting to freak out.  So when I spotted another student, I asked directions again.  Then she said she was going to the library too!  What a relief!
So I finally got to the writers' group.  At first it was silent, since we were all reading each others stories.  But then when we finished, we were giving critiques and things, and it was great!  And then we decided to get lunch, since we were all starving.
And I decided I really like Kay's friend Ash.  She's a Whovian!  And a Potterhead!  She's a Slytherin on Pottermore! (I'm a Ravenclaw, btw.)  And she's a Merlin fan!  And a Sherlock fan!  And a Once fan!
We had a lot to talk about.
So here's to kind students and new friends!

Fare thee well, friend, be you old or new!
Mira

No comments:

Post a Comment