Monday, April 15, 2013

The Problems With Public Transportation

Don't get me wrong.  I love public transportation.  You meet interesting new people and get to save gas and help the economy.  But sometimes it's just a little inconvenient.
Take today, for example.  I usually take the bus to school, since I don't really trust my car downtown.  Unfortunately for me, the university decided to make the campus an all-walking campus, which means the bus stop that was by the student center, and in the middle of campus, is now gone.  Why they decided to do this the week before finals, I have no idea.  They couldn't wait two weeks?
Honestly, going to school isn't actually so bad.  The new stop is right across from a parking lot I dealt with frequently last semester, and I didn't mind so much (even though we have to deal with absolutely evil stairs from that direction!).  The problem came when I realized that the bus stop to leave school is absolutely nowhere near the stop to go to school.  It's on a completely different street!  The best part?  There is actually a bus stop across the street from the first one; it's just not for the same bus route.  I actually watched my bus go past it before I realized it just wasn't going to stop.  So irritating.
And then I finally got on the bus.  That was an adventure in and of itself.  Usually when I get on the bus, there's a large crowd, and I'm in front (being a woman), so it's easy for me to get a seat before the bus leaves.  Not so today.  I was the only one.  And I was in heels.  This is a recipe for disaster.  The bus started again before I'd taken a seat.  And it started very quickly.  I ended up falling into a seat and banging my leg up pretty good.  Now I think I might form a bruise on the inside of my knee. :P
Sigh.
In happier news, though, Mia's back!  And she brought me a lovely blue hat from New York to add to my collection!  I kinda went crazy when I saw her last night.  It's good to have my sister home. :)

Fare thee well, friend!
Mira

No comments:

Post a Comment