Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Merlin's Tempest

So, I have always loved Shakespeare's The Tempest, mostly because I was named after Miranda, the heroine.  I am very heavily biased.  I think it was the first Shakespeare play I ever read.  Unfortunately, I have never been able to see it performed.  Apparently, the only version easily available to me involves the fairy, Ariel, being played nude.  So stupid.  And it's not all that popular where I live, so I've never had the opportunity to see the play performed.
And for those of you who have been reading this blog for a while, you know I kind of have an obsession with BBC's Merlin.  What can I say?  It's a brilliant show!  Merlin is a very relatable character.  What do these have in common?
Colin Morgan, the actor who plays Merlin, is currently playing Ariel, in The Tempest, in the recreation of Shakespeare's Globe... and I can't see it because I'm halfway across the world!
WHYYYYY????
Oh well.  Apparently they'll have a DVD of it at some point.  If anyone has information on where to get this, I would appreciate it!

Fare thee well, friend!
Mira

No comments:

Post a Comment