Monday, December 31, 2012

Round Two

This is it.  My last week of freedom.  Before I have to go back to school. 
Don't get me wrong.  I am so thankful for the opportunity to further my education and take so many interesting classes.  I had some classes I absolutely adored in my last semester, especially my World Religions class.  I'm learning so many interesting new things.
The problem is, I'm used to learning at a fairly moderate pace, seeing as I only recently graduated from high school.  At college, it feels like they're trying to cram everything down your throat at once, because classes that took a full year before get a semester now.  And, I'm still not getting the point of homework.  I mean, there have always been classes that need extra practice, particularly math.  I personally have never been as good as I'd like when it comes to math, and I've found that the best way for me to learn it is to practice it.  That being said, there are other classes that don't make sense as far as handing out homework on a regular basis.  Classes like history or science.  I mean, seriously, some of us prefer to keep experiments out of our regular lives.  If those who enjoy science want extra credit or something, sure, go for it, but leave the rest of us be, please!  Another thing I hate is when teachers assume their class is your top priority.  I think this is something every school has a problem with, actually.  Believe it or not, I actually have a life outside of school and homework.  I'm looking for a job this semester, and then I would kind of like to start dating.  Unfortunately, during the school year I have to set all of this on the back-burner so I can make sure I have all of my homework done.  And then the teachers look at us and go, "Now remember, life is about more than good grades.  Do more than study."  Um, yeah, sorry, with the bajillion page paper you assigned us, when do you expect us to have time to do anyone else's homework, let alone do more than study?
'Kay, sorry, there's my rant for the day.  I think I'm still trying to deal with post-finals stress.  This does not bode well for this semester. 

Fare thee well, friend!
Mira

No comments:

Post a Comment