Friday, December 14, 2012

Lonely World

Some who don't know me may think me quiet.  It's true that I don't tend to make much noise.  But it's not necessarily because I'm quiet.  It's a combination of things.  On one hand, I tend to prefer listening to speaking, because I feel like everyone tends to have more important things to say than I do.  On the other hand, I also tend to zone out, because I'm thinking up story ideas.
Why do I prefer to live in my own mind rather than the real world?  Because in many instances, the real world is a cold, dark, heartless place.  A place where a choir girl can be ignored because she doesn't cause problems and therefore doesn't need as much attention as the other students.  A place where elementary kids can be slaughtered for no reason.  A place I don't want to be, because who would live in a place like that?
But then I take another look.  A look at people who reach out, who support mourners and grievers and those who are lonely.  These people are the reasons I live in the world, the reason I still continue to fight.  In the wise words of Samwise Gamgee, there is some good, somewhere out there in this world, and it's worth fighting for. 

Fare thee well, friend.
Mira

No comments:

Post a Comment