When I make hot chocolate at home, I put a bit of water in a pot and heat it up on the stove until it's the perfect temperature: not hot enough to burn, but still hot enough to warm me up! :) Love my hot chocolate! I also mix a bit of cinnamon in if it isn't flavored. Yummy stuff. I drink it immediately so it doesn't lose the heat.
But there is a slight problem with this. That being, when I get hot chocolate somewhere else when I'm out and about, I tend to want to drink it immediately. Except, those selling it have to make it EXTRA hot, so it's still hot when the customers get it. I have no problem with this. Ees marvelous! Except, it tends to make it too hot to drink. Mom and Mia will stir ice in theirs when it's too hot, and drink it through a straw.
Unfortunately, I'm too proud to do this. Which means that when we got hot chocolate last night, being the impatient person I am, I drank it too soon. I knew I had burned my tongue, but I've done that plenty of times. I figured it would all be good in the morning, like usual.
I woke up and could barely taste my breakfast. Also, feeling slightly sick, because I kinda burned the back of my throat, too. I'm putting ice in my hot chocolate from now on. :)
Fare thee well, friend!