Thursday, August 22, 2013

Character Bible

So Kay has had this really interesting way of getting to know her characters.  She calls it a character bible.  She has all these pictures that look like/symbolize/remind her of her characters, and they're all pasted/taped into a notebook.  For me, it's fun to look through it because she has some serious artistic talents.  I finally decided to make my own, and slowly started gathering pictures.  Well, today I finally printed them off (read I gave Kay my USB because she's the only one that can work the printer), and I put together the beginning of my character bible!
It's actually incredibly helpful.  It makes the characters easier to imagine, and it actually gives me ideas for certain details I wasn't sure of before (like where one of my more mysterious characters hails from).  Not to mention it makes me feel all important because I have visuals of my novel. ;)

Fare thee well, friend!
Mira

2 comments:

  1. That would be a good idea. I have had to look up information on clothes and things like that. People's faces to me are things that are hard to capture on paper. I just can't seem to find a way to do them justice :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I'll have to try it! That is a really good idea.

    ReplyDelete