Thursday, August 29, 2013

An Explanation

It has recently occurred to me that I might want to explain my farewell.  (As in, fare thee well, friend!)  Since, you know, we don't really use "thee" and "thou" anymore.  Unless you're me and you're bored, but that's beside the point.
See, my dad is huge into the Bar J Wranglers.  They're... um, I'm not actually sure if they would be considered grassroots or country (I don't really know the difference).  In any case, they perform a song called "In That Great Gettin' Up Morning," and the most repeated line in the song is "fare thee well."  It kinda got stuck in my head, and then I started saying it when I said goodbye to people.  Of course, it could only be when I said goodbye to friends, because other people would just think I was crazy, so of course I just added on "friend."  And since I say it so often, it only makes sense it would be the way I end blog posts!
So, until we meet again,

Fare thee well, friend!
Mira

No comments:

Post a Comment