Saturday, February 9, 2013

Fur

So, my kitty Merida is a... well, shall we say, rambunctious creature.  She attacks your feet when she thinks you're not looking, she sneaks outside even though she hates the cold just because she wants to irritate us, and she hates going to bed at night more than anything (probably because she gets locked in my room at night).  So it may come as a bit of a surprise when I tell you that after the lights have gone out, Merida actually really loves to cuddle. 
I think it's winter's fault.  She got cold and was looking for a little extra warmth.  At first she would just camp out on my arm if I held it out, but lately she's been getting much closer.  Close enough to wake me up by licking my chin at night.  I know you're just trying to be affectionate, kitty, but your tongue hurts!  I don't know if she's getting colder, or just losing her bubble.  The point is that she seems to cuddle closer and closer every night.
Well, last night she got just a little too close.  See, I was sitting there, having a random dream, and all of a sudden I wake up with my nose full of fur.  Apparently she decided to snuggle next to my face.  :P  That happened three times last night.  Kitty, I love you, but I don't think you understand that fur in my nose will lead to suffocation.

Fare thee well, friend!
Mira

No comments:

Post a Comment