Saturday, February 16, 2013

Anyone There?

For my American Heritage class, I'm supposed to have 10 hrs of service by the end of the semester, so I decided to volunteer at the local retirement home.  I used to sing there in Young Women's, and I have fond memories of the place.  So a few days ago I dropped by and asked if I could volunteer there.  The woman in charge was very kind, seemed very glad to have me there, and she asked if I could volunteer at their Sweetheart's Dance for Valentine's Day.  I thought that would be fun.
Then, as I'm getting ready to leave, she suddenly says, "Hey, do you have a boyfriend?" 
Me:  "Unfortunately, no."
Her:  "Oh.  Well, bring a boy."
Me:  "Uhh..."
I couldn't tell if she was joking, and all the guys I know are on missions at the moment.  She said she would go ahead and email me about it later.  This was Tuesday.  So far... no email.  And the dance is today.  At this point, my thought process is, "Well, she never told me I explicitly had to bring a guy to this thing, and it's too late to ask now, and she didn't email me, so if she really wants a guy there, oh well."
Is this bad of me?  And before you start harping on me for not asking a guy, reminder:  I know many guys from my singles' ward, but do I feel comfortable asking them to accompany me to a volunteer dance?  Nope.  Not at all. 

Fare thee well, friend!
Mira

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes you just have to go out on a limb, that' s what I had to do. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :P I'm sick of going out on limbs. I tend to fall way too often.

      Delete