Friday, March 1, 2013

Why Did You Send This?

Hey-hey, sorry I was gone so long, this has been a veeerrryyy looooong week.  A week involving test-driving my new car, watching a required Shakespeare film, and visiting teaching...  All of which ate up my time like a giant... goat?  Cockroach?  What animal eats a lot?  Anyway, this is the first I've had time to post in a while, and I apologize for that.
So, you know those super annoying things you get in the mail that congratulate you on getting something or another, and you're saying, "Uuhh... I don't remember getting that..."  For example, last week, I was checking the mail, and was surprised to see something rather official-looking for me.  When I looked at it, however, I was rather surprised.  It was a letter telling me that, since I was diabetic, I was entitled to this group's particular kind of benefits.
My eyebrow rose, and I thought, "Um, since when did I have diabetes?"  Really annoying, here I thought I was getting something that actually pertained to me.
And again, I was just checking my email, and I discovered, in my inbox, a bit of mail from Pandora congratulating me on joining.
... As much as I would love to, I haven't joined Pandora yet.
Ah, the joys of impersonal mail!

Fare thee well, friend!
Mira

No comments:

Post a Comment