Monday, March 18, 2013

An Explanation

I feel like I owe my readers an explanation.  I guess I feel like I haven't said much about the suicide last week, and that it might feel like I had moved on too quickly.  I thought I would explain myself.
You see, one part of it is that I feel that when something of that magnitude happens, I should tell people just so they know what's going on, why I'm acting the way I am.  And I also think I need that kind of support.  At that point, I need people to know.  However, eventually I reach a point where I also just need to mourn on my own terms.  I don't really want to talk to people about it anymore, I just want to deal with it myself.
Another reason I haven't mentioned it much lately is that the best way for me to deal with grief is to leave it at the graveside.  I will never forget my friend, or the pain, or the questions, but I know that eventually, life needs to go on.  I let myself mourn as much as I need, but by the time the graveside service is held, I know it's time to move on and let my life continue.
I know this probably wasn't necessary, but I felt like it needed to be said.  Maybe I just needed a bit of closure.  Thanks for listening!

Fare thee well, friend!
Mira

No comments:

Post a Comment