Saturday, March 23, 2013

New Book

One thing that's really been on my nerves during college is that I have very little time to invest in pleasure-reading.  You know, reading just for fun.  I used to do it all the time, but with all my homework, I've had to keep myself from picking up any new books so I would actually get things done (as if I get things done anyway, but that's beside the point).  Well, the other day, I broke down.  I picked up a new book.
See, what happened was Mom and Mia got a new trilogy at the store the other day, and it looked REALLY good, but I had promised myself, "No more books until you finish the semester.  Come on, you're so close you can do it..."  So for a couple days I just let the books sit there, taunting me.
Well, then I made the mistake of sitting near their resting place when I was bored and lacked the energy to do any homework.  I glanced at the books, and my curiosity got the better of me.  I picked the first one up, expecting it to be a bit of a disappointment, like many of the books I'd been reading lately.
Oh.  My.  Badness.
I couldn't put it down!  It was so intense!  The first six chapters (approximately ;)) were all cliff-hangers!  I was sucked in like a bug (I don't know if that works, but whatever).  In fact, I may or may not have stayed up 'til one in the morning finishing it last night (good thing I don't think Mom reads this blog. ;)).  If anyone is interested, the trilogy is called Infernal Devices and the first book is Clockwork Angel.  Brilliant book!  I highly recommend it!

Fare thee well, friend!
Mira

3 comments:

  1. I know the feels! :D
    This past weekend I had the freedom to read an entire trilogy in a day. It was very refreshing! You can make it to the end of the semester, and then you will have a whole summer of books!

    ReplyDelete