Thursday, March 21, 2013

Majority Rights

If you would rather not read a rant post, this is your cue to leave.  This post may end up getting me some rather nasty nicknames, but hopefully that will just prove my point.
Still here?  Then prepare yourself.
I am sick of the majority being forced to bow to the whims of the minority.  I live in a country where white Christians are the majority, but growing up I thought it was actually against the law to mention God in public, and I was ashamed of being white.  Is this what is meant by equal treatment?  I find it very unequal that minority religions are allowed to discuss their religions, but as soon as Christianity is brought up, the room goes quiet, as if there was something to be ashamed of in being Christian.  Don't get me wrong, I am all for minority rights.  However, I am also for majority rights.  I believe people should be judged on their own merits, and not according to what ethnic/religious group they belong to.

Fare thee well, friend!
Mira

No comments:

Post a Comment