Sunday, November 3, 2013

Spooky Stories

Since elementary school, I've learned it's better for me to avoid scary stories.  Why?  Because I have a tendency to half believe everything I hear.  I can tell you it makes Tower of Terror an absolute nightmare.  In any case, as I've grown up, I've decided it's silly to be scared of spooky stories.  They're only stories, after all.  Why, I deal with stories all the time!
Which is why I was so excited when I found out my friend Heather would be performing in a Halloween story contest hosted at our local library.  I'd heard the story she would be telling before, and I really enjoyed it, so I went to the contest with high hopes.  Even ran into Coach, who waved me over and offered a seat so us fencers could sit together.
By the end of the night I was struggling not to hide behind him.
Seriously, the stories were amazing!  Really well done, and appropriately spooky.  And the next day I was late to school because it was still dark when I woke up and I was convinced that as soon as I got out from under my covers, something was going to come eat me.

Fare thee well, friend!
Mira

No comments:

Post a Comment