Thursday, July 18, 2013

Heather Dale

So, I've kinda been geeking out over this musician I recently discovered (YouTube is marvelous for that): Heather Dale.  Why do I love her music so much?  There are several reasons: 1) her music always tells a story. 2) She has a lot of songs that, while actually based off of certain stories (particularly Arthurian legends), most of them don't name names, which means they are applicable to just about anybody.  Except for "Mordred's Lullaby."  I'm pretty sure Morgan Le Fey is the only person I can think of with those kinds of problems. ;)  3) They're generally based in Arthurian Legends.  How can I not love them?

So, here are some of my favorites, I hope you enjoy them (for those of you who can't see them because you're looking at this on your phone, I deeply apologize, I can't figure out how to fix this thing so it's easier on mobile devices).  Number 1 is Mordred's Lullaby.  I love this one because it's haunting, but strangely beautiful. 

Next is Hero.  This one makes me think of Robin Hood, for obvious reasons.  I love the sense of defiance and hope it gives.
I'm having issues loading the videos, so I'll just tell you which you should look up. ;) Lily Maid; War Between Brothers; Storybook; Sedna; and Choose.  Enjoy!  If you like them, tell me why in the comments, I would love to hear from you!

Fare thee well, friend!
Mira

4 comments:

  1. Morgan Le Fey and I seem to have a lot in common. ;) Kidding, but I totally love the music and vocals on Mordred's Lullaby! Didn't like Hero so much, but Mordred's Lullaby is definitely cool enough for me to look into a couple of Heather Dale's other songs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hey, there was one that I forgot to mention that I think you'd enjoy: One of Us (no, not the Lion King song, trust me, ees very confusing). ;)

      Delete
    2. I did watch it and I loved it! I found another pretty cool song done in Heather's style-- Cost of the Crown by Mercedes Lackey.

      Delete
    3. Hm, I'll have to look it up, thanks!

      Delete