Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Spider

So, by my desk at work there's this window with a screen, and we tend to get a lot of bugs there.  Yesterday the biggest spider I've seen there yet showed up.  Kinda freaked me out a little, because it was one of the fuzzy ones, and I've never been able to remember if those were poisonous or not.  In any case, I had no idea how it got in, but as the day went on I felt more and more sorry for it, stuck between window and screen.  The sun was getting pretty hot, and I was sure it was going to roast alive there.  I tried opening the window at some point, but it didn't work out so well, and besides, I was afraid I would squish it.  It survived the work day, but as I went home I was positive the little guy was gonna die.
He was still there when I got to work this morning!  And this time I was determined to get him out.  I had the cup, and the paper, and everything!  I would just catch him in the cup, slip him outside, and the two of us could go on with our lives.  I did end up having to ask someone else how to get that blasted window open, though.
Unfortunately, humans and spiders don't communicate well.  Poor little guy thought I was gonna eat him or something, and he was a clever enough spider that he got up in the very corner of the screen, where I couldn't catch him.  So I sighed and went back to work.  I was planning on lulling him into a false sense of security, then surprising him when he least expected it (after I disappeared for lunch).  However, when I came back, he was gone!  When I looked around I realized he'd finally found the hole in the screen he'd gotten in through before.
Not sure whether or not I should be embarrassed about this...

Fare thee well, friend!
Mira

2 comments:

  1. Must be a day for Spiders. While at register three at work today helping a customer. They suddenly cried out: A Spider! There was this quarter sized yellow colored spider hanging out on one of the screen things. I chose to just leave it alone...no idea where it is now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, I teach my kids to do the same thing, they are pretty smart those little buggers. All spiders are poisonous, however most will not just bite you, and most bites won't do more than cause a red sore.

    ReplyDelete