Sunday, May 5, 2013

I Know You!

Last night my friend Heather and I had planned to watch a Japanese version of Macbeth (we're both huge Shakespeare buffs).  However, halfway through the day she texted me asking if it would be all right if she invited other people.  I was okay with that, but there was still the idea that I would have to meet new people and make awkward small talk.  That or shrink into a shell and not talk to anybody. ;)  Well, I found her place, and we talked for a little bit, and then Heather got a call from her other friend (there was just one other) asking which apartment was hers (she just moved in).  She opened the door to let her friend know, and I waited to see just who it was who would be walking through the door.
She walked in, and believe it or not, my first thought was, "I knew it!"
My second was, "Hey, I know you!"  We'd met in my Shakespeare class this last semester.  We'd even studied together!
Ironically, when I first met her, I remember thinking how similar she was to Heather.  Hence my thought, "I knew it!" 

Fare thee well, friend!
Mira

No comments:

Post a Comment