Friday, August 31, 2012

Apple Turnovers

Hey guys, sorry I took so long, just finished up my first week of college.  I'm thinking this semester I'll only be able to update weekly. 
So, we just finished watching "Once Upon a Time" with my fencing buddies, and there was a bit of an interesting story to go with it.  See, our friend Heather is the one of the few that has seen the entire show.  She's the one who was showing us.  Well, the night we finished, she brought us apple turnovers.  She likes to bake, so I didn't think anything of it, other than, "Heather, you're so great, these are amazing!"
Little did we know that in one of the episodes, a certain evil queen tries to knock off the main character by giving her part of Snow White's poison apple.  Except, she can't just hand it to her, mostly because it already had a big bite taken out of it.  So what does she do? 
She bakes it... into an apple turnover.
The minute we saw it going in the oven, we all turned around, crying, "Heather!"  She just laughed.  There were blackberries in it as well, and they counter-acted the poison.  So we're all living and had a good laugh.  I'm officially addicted to apple turnovers. :)

Fare thee well, friend!
Mira

1 comment: