Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Merida Rose...

So, my mom doesn't really like cats.  She banished our old cats to living outside when they started marking the house.  So you can imagine my surprise when my nephew, whom we have been babysitting for the past couple days, said something about a cat in the car.
O.o  Cat?
See, he was asking if the cat had gotten out, and I had assumed it was his cat he was talking about since we were feeding his Siamese and had a bit of a scare, but then Mia started shushing him, and I was starting to get a sneaking suspicion...
So Mia went into Mom's bedroom and came out with a black-and-white zebra-striped carrier holding a six-month old bundle of sheer adorableness!  A tortiseshell (the only kind of cat my Mom has ever liked) with green eyes becoming yellow near the edge.  She had already been named:  Merida Rose.  The "Rose" bit is because said nephew had been at the store and wanted to name her "Rose Tyler," from Dr. Who.  We have discovered she likes to be pet, doesn't like to be held, (she still has stitches from a neutering), will play with anything dangling from a string, and doesn't like to be lonely.  I think that has something to do with the fact that they got her from PetSmart, in one of those tiny kennels.  On a related note, she doesn't like to sleep cooped up.  She also really likes my Tweedie pillow, but I think that's because it has little "hairs" that stand up on the top of its head.  What can I say?  They're fun for a cat to play with.
In any case, I joyfully welcome the new beauty into our home.  Hope she enjoys it!

Fare thee well, friend!
Mira

No comments:

Post a Comment