Monday, August 20, 2012

Blisters

One of the greatest things about fencing is the "battle scars" you acquire.  Kay once had a bruise that completely covered her right upper arm!  Well, the other day I was fencing.  It should have only been a ten-to-fifteen minute bout, but since both me and my opponent rely heavily on parries, we ended up having a thirty-five minute bout.  (Little Brother claims it was forty.)  All was well and good, we were a little bit tired is all, but then in my next bout, I noticed my forefinger was hurting a bit.  And then a bit more.  And so on and so forth.  I pushed through it until the end of that bout, and when I pulled off my glove, I not only had gotten a blister, I had already popped said blister AND pushed some of the skin back.
Nasty.
Luckily, Coach had a box of band-aids to help ease the pain during that night.  Not so luckily, I also had a tournament coming up that Saturday.  I was a bit worried, but it didn't give me too much trouble.  I even got third place in foil!  But then it split today, and has been giving me grief.  Oh well, I suppose I can just deal with it.  One of the sisters in the stake makes this amazing salve that heals things in a jiffy!  Guess I'll work with that for a while.

Fare thee well, friend!
Mira

No comments:

Post a Comment