Monday, February 10, 2014

Many Kinds of Swans

So, I had to see a dance performance for my humanities class, and one of the options listed was the school's performance of Swan Lake.  Having never seen a ballet before, I thought I'd give it a go.
Ho. ly.  Wow.  I came out kind of addicted to ballet.  Odile was amazing, as was Von Rothbart.  Both were just great!  And I have to say, the guy playing Prince Sigfried?  So cute!
So you'll never guess who I ran into during a play the next week.
There was this guy sitting in front of me, and I noticed he had a jacket emblazoned with my school's ballet logo.  And his name was the same as the danseur's from Swan Lake (danseur is the technical name for a male ballerina).  I looked at Kay and Ash like, "I think it's him!" and they were like "talk to him!"  Which I did, right after the play ended.  Can I just say, bad idea?  I was crying and I had a runny nose, and he was cute...
Anyway.
Yes, it was "Sigfried", and he was actually super nice!  It was great to meet him, if only because he's one of the few guys I've run into that was genuinely interested in meeting someone new.  Totally made my night.

In other news, the next of the Wilderhark Tales is out!  So excited!  Sadly, I haven't gotten my copy delivered yet, and can therefore not describe it nearly as well as its author.  You can check out her words on it here!  Can't wait to read it!

And finally, on a completely unrelated note, for those of you have been following my Tuesday posts, I found this online today and thought it was absolutely hilarious: http://www.ldssmile.com/2014/02/08/first-book-nephi-summed-gifs/  Enjoy!

Fare thee well, friend!
Mira

2 comments:

  1. Male ballerina = danseur, eh? Good to know! I have frequently wondered, but kept forgetting to look it up.

    Thank you for the Wilderhark shout-out! It is much appreciated. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help! Always lovely to see you visit.

      Delete