Friday, October 25, 2013

My First Haunted House

Not as bad as I thought it was gonna be, actually.  I will admit, I screamed more than Kay and Ash combined, and I couldn't go first through anything, but it was actually a lot of fun.  And I didn't end up a blubbering mess by the end, which is a definite plus!  Honestly, I had the most fun snarking at the actors.  I know it makes it more boring for them, but if I didn't snark I was going to go crazy, so there we go.  I think the scariest bit for me was the mental asylum.  I don't do crazy labs.
Best part of the night?  The very last section had constant strobe lights, and by the time I got out my eyes were burning.  There were actors milling around outside, trying to scare people waiting, but I didn't think much of it.  Kay, Ash and I were just standing around talking, and I complained that I still couldn't see.  At which point Kay smirked and said that in that case I probably shouldn't look over my shoulder.
I was so jumpy I didn't even bother finding out if she was pulling my leg or not.  I gave a scream and got behind her as fast as I could.  Turns out one of the actors from the last haunt was standing behind me.  *shuddder*.

In less creepy news:  For those of you readers in Utah, my most marvelous sister-in-law Kar is offering piano lessons!  She's an amazing teacher.  If any of you know someone looking for a teacher, please share the information!  Here is her website, check it out!  Let people know!

Fare thee well, friend!
Mira

No comments:

Post a Comment