Friday, September 20, 2013

The First Mishap

Well, I knew something like this would happen.  I mean, honestly, trying to stick me, an uncoordinated young woman with bad ankles, in an Irish Dance class?  What was I thinking?
Okay, I'm just teasing, it's not that bad.  I still love Irish Dance.  However, I am also still uncoordinated with bad ankles.  Which leads to where I am now, with an ice-cold water bottle against my foot.
See, when it comes to Irish dancing, you're supposed to keep your feet crossed at all times.  Unless, you know, you're kicking or something.  Basically, your feet are constantly passing each other in fairly close proximity to each other.  And I kinda mashed my own foot.
It wasn't too bad, or so I thought.  All I did was step on my own foot.  But then the next day it was still hurting.  I think I may have bruised it.  Needless to say, going back to class was interesting.
My thoughts: "'Kay, remember to stay on your toesNOPE THAT'S NOT HAPPENING!"
How do I keep doing this to myself?

Fare thee well, friend!
Mira





No comments:

Post a Comment