Thursday, September 26, 2013

Reflections of Rain

Where I live, it's usually really dry.  Hot and dry in the summer, cold and dry in the winter.  We hardly ever see rain.  This year has been remarkably different.  It's rained nearly every day for a month, and those of us that love storms are ecstatic.  As I was walking from the testing center to the library today, feeling the rain kiss the top of my head, I had the chance to think about just what it was I love about rain.
For one thing, once it starts raining, everything goes quiet.  The usual rush of the day is muffled; people go inside, and for once everything is peaceful.  For another thing, once you get over the little bit of cold it brings, the water catching in your hair and dotting your shoulders can be one of the most relaxing things in the world.  Rain has a way of getting under my skin and sapping out all my tension.  And then there's the smell.  It's like there's something beautiful and otherworldly just hanging in the air, waiting to see who can find it.  I always feel closer to God after walking in the rain.  I think it's a feeling I'll never get tired of.

Fare thee well, friend!
Mira

2 comments:

  1. And why then have you not been up to see us! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Cause you told me to save up for a study abroad instead. ;)

      Delete