Sunday, January 12, 2014

Snow... In Many Forms

He-hey, so guess what happened when we got a blizzard earlier in the week?  Yup, our internet is out.  Again.  UGH!  Luckily, Ash has made her phone a hot spot, so I can actually work online when she's here.  Hopefully things get fixed sooner than last time.
In any case.
I was recently re-watching Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, and I realized something: this is a fun movie.  Seriously, I don't understand why so many people seem to hate it.  Snow White is actually a very realistic young woman (except for the fact that she married someone she'd only just met, but hey, that's Disney for you, right?).  I mean, think about it: if you were about to be murdered by the man supposed to be protecting you, only for him to break down and tell you that you're step-mother wants you dead, how could you not be terrified running through the woods?  And she has to be one of the most compassionate princesses I've seen.  She didn't decide to clean the dwarve's home because it was messy; it was because she assumed the reason it wasn't clean was because they were orphaned children, and she wanted to do something nice for them.  And say what you will about her innocence, she was only fourteen years old.  I only WISH half the fourteen-year-olds out there today were as innocent and kind as Snow White.
So I guess my point is, stop hating on Disney for making characters that are actually true to life.  Thanks!

Fare thee well, friend!
Mira

No comments:

Post a Comment