Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Short Sword

So, I ended up doing something odd last night.  Not that I don't do odd things frequently...
Anyways, I fenced with a short sword last night.  For those of you who may not know, when it comes to fencing, there are a couple sword lengths.  You have fives, which are the standard long ones, and then you have twos for the little people.  Well, last night we had run out of fives by the time I went back to get a sword, and I wanted to see if I could win with a two anyway.  Plus, it was kinda the last sword in the back.
To my surprise, I actually did pretty well!  Won all but two bouts with my short sword!  I think part if it was that I knew I had to focus more because I had a disadvantage.
The one bad part about it?  I would have to go in closer to get my hit, which means that when my opponent would hit me, it would be with more force than usual.  Still pretty sore.

Fare thee well, friend!
Mira

No comments:

Post a Comment