Monday, March 31, 2014

Ruthless

This weekend I had the rather unique opportunity to work with a type of villain I'd never had the chance to experiment with: someone with nothing to lose.
Every other villain I've worked with so far has had some reason to at the very least keep the protagonist alive and relatively healthy (he accidentally tied his power to her health.  He was one of my relatively stupider villains).  However, in my current project I have a pair of villains, mad scientists, who are sadly stuck in backs story (so far).  These men had absolutely nothing to lose, and so had absolutely no reason not to be as cruel and  heartless as they wanted.
It was both exciting and terrifying.  Really.  They were scaring me.
It was just a strange experience, channeling a character with so little restraint.  Though that might admittedly have had something to do with the fact that I felt an irrational anger towards stupid clients (seriously, how hard is it to sign a blasted paper?!).  In any case, I think if my characters ever actually turn out to be real and come to haunt me, I'll be dead.  These guys are ruthless.

Fare thee well, friend!
Mira

4 comments:

  1. Maybe if you keep the setting vague, they won't confuse it with the real world and escape? ;-)

    (Though, if they became real, would they be the kind of villains that would also be annoyed by unsigned papers?)

    Keep moving forward! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I get the feeling they'd be the kind of morons that wouldn't bother enough with proper documentation to sign anything at all. ;)

      Delete
  2. I feel for you! I'm worried at how vicious Mannequin can be at times.... It scares me. I'm worried that one of these days she's going to demand a spin-off comic all about her, and I'll be too afraid of her to say no...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, it scares me to realize Mannequin and my scientists would probably get along pretty well. o.O

      Delete