Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Friendly Brit

Random question:  Is it offensive to call a British person a Brit, or is it like them calling Americans Yanks?  Just curious, because if not, I am titling this post "Friendly Brit." (If not I'll have to change it ;)).
Anywho, the other day I was just really down.  Life was trying to suck my soul into a dark abyss.  Yeah.  That kind of day.  But I ended up getting a sandwich at Subway, and while in line, I noticed that the guy taking orders was British!  I love Brits, so my day brightened just a little bit.  And then he took my order, and there was some confusion, and then my spirits sagged again. 
Then he asked me how my day was going.  I'm one of those people that tends to give an honest answer to that question, so I said it was "interesting."  So he made a couple jokes, in his awesome British accent, and suddenly, BAM, I was smiling again.  So here's to people who like to make others smile, and here's to British accents!

Fare thee well, friend!
Mira

No comments:

Post a Comment