Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Stupid Beeping Alarm Clock.

Now that Mia and Little Brother are going back to school, I have remembered the one thing I hate about the school year more than anything else combined.  Every night I go to sleep, having interesting, intriguing dreams, feeling so rested, when all of it is shattered by the constant, merciless, inane sound of, "Beep!  Beep!  Beep!  Beep!"
At which point I hit the snooze button, only to be woken again five minutes later.  "Beep!  Beep!" 
It gets so bad that about halfway through the school year, I don't even wait for the alarm clock anymore.  I'll wake up half an hour earlier than I wanted to, startled out of sleep by a terror that stirs within me of being late for school, and then I'll groan because I have a whole half an hour, but I will never ever get to sleep in that amount of time, and it would be pointless anyway because then the alarm clock really will go off, but I'm still too tired (and stubborn) to get out of bed early.  It's really annoying when it happens on weekends.

Fare thee well, friend!
Mira

No comments:

Post a Comment